About the road rides
The plan is for three options, all will be social, all climb hills. Tweener M option will do some easy sixes, and may try some harder fives at an M pace. QS option may do very challenging hills at a quicker M to MB pace. The Mellow LM option will not do anything steeper than a four.
Mellow LM riders are expected to ride together at the pace of the slowest rider on the Mellow LM ride with all riders being rested at regroups.
Route sheets provided on-line, on the blog, and a few on the ride. Meet at Summit Bikes, Main Street in Los Gatos, across the street from the Los Gatos Library. Rain or intense heat cancels. Burritos after. Be there around six-ish (I get off work at 5,) we roll around then. Typically another cyclist will lead the Quick Spinners option.
Please print a route sheet if you want one!
The Road Options
Whine and Dine Quick Spinners
- Saratoga Six <– Route Sheet Here
- 24 miles with 2100 feet of climbing, this ride touches on Pierce, Mt. Eden, Quito and Highway 9.
Whine and Dine Tweener M
- Sanborn “Classic” Version <– Route Sheet Here
- Sanborn, be prepared for serious climbing! This is a six, yes a six! This is the one six we do on the mellow ride. It is a very pretty ride and a good workout.
Whine and Dine Mellow LM
- Slightly Shorter Easier Villa Montalvo Ojai <– Route Sheet Here
- This route was designed with Mellow LM Riders in mind. Like the traditional version it can be bit confusing for the directionally challenged (like me.) It takes cyclists up Villa Montalvo, Peach Hill and Ojai.
Mountain Bike Ride
“Due to my work commitments, I have asked Richard Holtermann to lead the WnD MTB ride from April 24th to July 3rd. I will be there when I can. Enjoy the trails, Tyler 4/23/12”
Do not know the status of this yet.
Alcohol and Los Gatos Whine and Dine Rides
Please note: Any eating of burritos and/or possible consumption of alcohol will only occur after these Whine and Dine rides. Consumption of alcoholic beverages, including possible brewskies, will not be occurring on the ride, only after! Please drink responsibly.
Other things whine and dine
Want to be able to subscribe to the latest Whine and Dine news? You can even get it delivered to your phone! Check out the Whine and Dine Ride Twitter Feed: